The Ryokan Mikawaya is a mid-range ryokan located a stone’s throw from Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa. It’s got spacious Japanese-style rooms which can easily accommodate families.
Ryokan Mikawaya - image © TrulyTokyo.com
If you’re looking for a traditional experience in Tokyo, this mid-budget ryokan is a good choice, especially for families who all want to sleep in the same room. While the building itself is relatively modern, the rooms themselves are ryokan style, with tatami mats and futons. There are en suite bathrooms in the rooms, which is convenient.
1-30-12 Asakusa, Taito-ku
Internet: wifi access
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
2min walk from Asakusa Station, Tokyo Metro Ginza line
:: Check availability and pricing for Ryokan Mikawaya on Booking.com
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.