Tokyo is a big city, so if you’re coming to see the cherry blossoms, it makes sense to stay near the best cherry blossom spots. Here are my suggestions.
Cherry Blossom © br1dotcom
First, Book Well in Advance!
Cherry blossom season is peak tourist season in Tokyo and hotels can book out months in advance, especially good hotels in desirable areas, so be sure to book as early as possible.
Check Current Tokyo Hotel Availability
Best Areas to Stay in During Cherry Blossom Season
These areas are the most convenient to Tokyo’s best cherry blossom spots:
- Shinjuku: Close to the major cherry blossom spots of Shinjuku Gyoen Garden and Meiji-jingu Shrine, Shinjuku is also packed with great hotels.
- Shibuya: Close to Yoyogi-koen Park and Meiji-jingu Shrine, Shibuya has a huge range of hotels to choose from.
- Ueno: Home to Tokyo’s single most famous cherry blossom spot, Ueno-koen Park, Ueno also has a wide range of inexpensive hotels and even some ryokan.
- Tokyo Station Area: The Tokyo Station Area is not rich in cherry trees, but it’s close to the Imperial Palace, which is. And it’s also convenient to transport to other parts of town that have famous cherry blossom spots.
Recommended Tokyo Hotels for Cherry Blossom Season
The following hotels are all great choices for cherry blossom season in Tokyo.
Tokyo Station Area
Tokyo Cherry Blossoms Guide:
- When Is Cherry Blossom Season In Tokyo
- Where Is The Best Place To See Cherry Blossoms In Tokyo?
- Where To Stay In Cherry Blossom Season In Tokyo
- Best Places To See Cherry Blossoms In Tokyo Away from The Crowds
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads