Make the most of your trip to Tokyo with our comprehensive Tokyo itineraries, our definitive list of the best places to eat in Tokyo and rundowns of essential attractions in each of Tokyo's fascinating districts
Maximize your time in Tokyo with my carefully planned itineraries for trips from 1 to 5 days. Also, theme-based and Tokyo/Kyoto itineraries. Read More
Here are the best hotels in each district and each price bracket. All personally inspected. Read More
So you want to see Tokyo? Start here: When, where, why and how. And, of course, how much. Read more
The best times to visit and details on monthly weather and festivals. Read more
Japan Travel Guides
There are several must-see destinations in Japan within easy reach of Tokyo. They all make great additions to any Tokyo itinerary. These concise guides provide details about what to see and do.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Find out why it's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo