If you’re looking for a romantic hideaway in Tokyo, you’ll be spoiled for choice: Tokyo has some of the finest hotels in the world. This is our list of the most intimate, romantic and distinctive hotels in the city, all personally inspected.
Guest room at the Aman Tokyo
The List: Tokyo’s Most Romantic Hotels (and one Ryokan)
We’ve looked at all of Tokyo’s best hotels and chosen the ones that are truly romantic. To us, that means a boutique feeling, fantastic guest rooms, warm service, and, if possible, extra features like spas, bars and restaurants. Here are the best of the best, as well as one ryokan for those who want a more Japanese experience.
Guest room at the Ritz-Carlton Tokyo
Luxury Romantic Hotels In Tokyo
Mandarin Oriental Tokyo guest room
Ritz-Carlton Tokyo guest room
The Peninsula Tokyo guest room
Hotel Ryumeikan Ochanomizu Honten guest room
The Aman Tokyo is Aman style married to Japanese design and it works wonderfully. The rooms are huge and the spa is among the best in Tokyo.
Aman Tokyo guest room
(View on Booking.com or Agoda.com)
With a great location overlooking the Imperial Palace, this wonderful Japanese hotel has just been fully renovated. For the best of Japanese service and style, this is a great choice.
Palace Hotel Tokyo guest room
Mid-Range Hotels Romantic Hotels In Tokyo
Hotel Century Southern Tower guest room
(View on Booking.com or Agoda.com)
We often stay at this hotel, not just because it’s directly across from Tokyo Station, but because it’s a beautiful hotel with great service and extremely reasonable rates.
Hotel Ryumeikan Tokyo guest room
Marunouchi Hotel guest room
JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Shinjuku guest room
(View on Booking.com and Agoda.com)
This is the only luxury ryokan in Tokyo and it’s a beauty. The rooms are huge and comfortable, with impeccable Japanese style. The facilities are great and it’s very close to Tokyo Station. Highly recommended for those in search of a Japanese experience.
Hoshinoya Tokyo ryokan guest room
More Romantic Tokyo Information
- For more information on planning a romantic getaway to Tokyo, check out our Honeymoon in Tokyo page.
- If you’re looking for a romantic place to stay in Kyoto, check out our Most Romantic Hotels and Ryokan in Kyoto page.
- And if you’re ready to pop the question, Kyoto is the place to do it. Check out our Best Places to Propose in Kyoto page.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world