Atop a soaring tower just steps from Tokyo Station, the Aman Tokyo, which opened in 2016, is a tranquil and opulent island of luxury in the sky.
Perhaps more than any other luxury hotel in Tokyo, the Aman reflects Japanese design and sensibility. Both common areas and guest rooms are clean and uncluttered, which is welcome after spending a day in among the crowded and visually busy chaos that is Tokyo.
With a soaring lobby and eye-popping floor-to-ceiling views from almost every space, the Aman invites you to study the city that sprawls in every direction around you. Perhaps the most amazing space is the 30-meter pool that perches like a lake against the backdrop of the Tokyo skyline.
As with other Aman properties, the spa is a central part of the experience and the wellness treatments here get high reviews. The combination of spa treatments and Zen-inspired uncluttered space makes the Aman a particularly relaxing refuge in the city and is highly recommended for those who need to wind down after business or long travel.
It’s a great choice for those who want the convenience of a location close to Tokyo Station and the serenity of calming Japanese aesthetics.
The Otemachi Tower, 1-5-6 Ote-machi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0004
〒100-0004 東京都千代田区大手町1-5-6 大手町タワー
You can also read reviews of Aman Tokyo on TripAdvisor
Subway: Directly connected to Otemachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai and Marunouchi, Hanzomon and Chiyoda lines, and Toei Mita line.
Train: 5-minute walk from Marunouchi North exit of Tokyo Station.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads