The Hotel Ryumeikan Ochanomizu Honten is a truly special place. It’s the most stylish, welcoming and beautiful hotel in the city.
This is one of Tokyo’s only truly boutique hotels. It’s a small and intimate place with only about a dozen rooms. Each one is a triumph of design that combines the best features of Japanese design with all the Western comforts. The rooms are spacious, tranquil and exceptionally comfortable.
It’s hardly surprising that the service is excellent, given the small size of the hotel. While you won’t find facilities like a gym or pool, there is a good restaurant on site.
It’s located in Ochanomizu, which is a pleasant and quiet neighborhood. It’s not one of Tokyo’s hotspots, but there’s a subway station less than a minute away, and that will give you easy access to the rest of the city.
With rates that run about half of the famous international luxury hotel brands in the city, this hotel is truly a great value for those who want a calm and refreshing stay in the heart of the city. It’s highly recommended!
Hotel Ryumeikan Ochanomizu Honten
3-4 Kanda-surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0062
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit B3a of Shin-ochanomizu Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda line.
Train: 3-minute walk from the Hijiri-bashi exit of Ochanomizu Station on the JR Chuo line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads