The Peninsula Tokyo is always in the running to be the best hotel in Tokyo. It offers a brilliant location near Tokyo Station and superb facilities and service.
I’ve been a big fan of The Peninsula Tokyo since first inspecting it in 2010. The location is hard to beat: overlooking the Imperial Palace, and within easy walking distance of Ginza and reasonable walking distance of Tokyo Station.
The hotel has a great spa, a beautiful pool and several great restaurants and bars, some with great views over the Imperial Palace. There’s also a pretty good gym, which is something of a rarity in Japan.
While other big-name international luxury hotel brands have moved into Tokyo recently, The Peninsula Tokyo still ranks as one of the very best hotels in the city and the prices are a shade more reasonable than at its competitors.
So, if you want a great location, dynamite service and very comfortable rooms, you can’t miss with The Peninsula. And, if you really want to travel in style, ask them to arrange a pickup at the airport in a Rolls Royce limousine (for an extra fee, of course).
The Peninsula Tokyo
1-8-1 Yuraku-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0006
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: Directly connected to exit A6 of Hibiya Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya and Chiyoda and Toei Mita lines.
Train: 2 minutes' walk from the Hibiya exit of Yurakucho Station on the JR Yamanote Line.
Near To Here:
The Peninsula Tokyo is located in Tokyo's Toyko Station and Marunouchi area. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Toyko Station and Marunouchi area, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)