With one of the best locations in Tokyo, great views, comfortable rooms and reasonable rates, the Hotel Century Southern Tower is one of the best midrange hotels in the city.
Located in west Shinjuku, just steps from Shinjuku Station, the Century Southern Tower is one of our favorite hotels in the city. The rooms are relatively spacious, at least by Tokyo Standards. They’re clean and comfortable. And most rooms have eye-popping views over the city. Common areas are nice and there’s a small gym.
There are some good dining options in the building for people who need a break from Japanese food, including a Shake Shack and a Mexican restaurant. And, there’s incredible shopping and dining in the Takashimaya Times Square Complex, which is just across the way.
With room rates at the upper end of the moderate category, this hotel is one of the best hotel values in the city. It’s highly recommended!
Hotel Century Southern Tower
2-2-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 151-8583
Moderate to Expensive
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from the south exit of Shinjuku Station.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world