The Marunouchi Hotel is a sleek and stylish business hotel that is located right outside Tokyo Station. With clean and attractive rooms and good views, it’s a solid value in the mid-budget range.
Just steps from the Marunouchi (west) side of Tokyo Station, the Marunouchi boasts an incredibly convenient location. It’s a business hotel but much more stylish than ordinary business hotels. The rooms are larger than most business hotel rooms, and they have more style than most. In fact, they look more like luxury hotel rooms, albeit it bit more compact.
This hotel is very popular with Japanese business travelers. It gets fewer East Asian travelers than many other hotels in Tokyo, which means no crowds of people with large suitcases lounging about the lobby – a major plus for some.
The hotel is literally just across the street from the Marunouchi side of Tokyo Station. There are hundreds of restaurants within easy walking distance, including those inside Tokyo Station and many more inside the office towers nearby. There are also two good on-site restaurants.
The rooms on the east side of the building look directly over the tracks of Tokyo Station and train buffs will love watching the trains come in and out. A few people have noted some noise from the tracks, so if this is an issue, request a room on the west side of the building. However, when I was there last time, I didn’t hear much noise from any of the rooms.
The corner rooms have some great views over all of the Marunouchi area and are highly recommended.
With very reasonable rates, this hotel is a great choice in the mid-budget category.
1-6-3 Marunochi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0005
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 1-minute walk from Marunouchi North exit of Tokyo Station.
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit B4 of Otemachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai, Hanzomon, Marunouchi and Chiyoda lines, and Toei Mita line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads