Located high atop a tower in Nihombashi, within walking distance of Tokyo Station, the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo is arguably the best hotel in Tokyo.
If you’re looking for a luxury hotel with a brilliant location in Tokyo, it’s really hard to beat the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo. It’s less than 10 minutes walk from Tokyo Station and also within walking distance of Ginza and the Imperial Palace. And it’s just a stone’s throw from Mitsukoshi Department Store, with its wonderful food floor.
Located high atop a building in the Nihombashi District, the Mandarin Oriental offers eye-popping views from all its rooms, bars and restaurants. The hotel has a brilliant spa and you can sit in the sauna and look out over the skyline. There’s also a good gym, which is a rarity in Japan.
The rooms themselves are beautifully designed and super comfortable, with nods to Japanese aesthetics.
Most of all, the staff is known to be extremely attentive and professional.
So, if you’re looking for a memorable and comfortable stay in Tokyo, you cannot go wrong with the Mandarin Oriental Tokyo.
Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo
マンダリン オリエンタル 東京
2-1-1 Nihonbashi Muro-machi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-8328
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: Directly connected to Mitsukoshimae Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza and Hanzomon lines.
Train: 7 minutes' walk from the south exit of Kanda Station on the JR Yamanote Line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads