The Agora Place Asakusa is a decent business hotel with small rooms and some of the lowest rates of any hotel in Asakusa.
If you’re looking for a hotel with some seriously cheap rates and don’t mind a small room, this place might suit. It’s very close to Tawaramachi subway station, which is one stop from the main Asakusa subway station. You can walk to the sights in Asakusa from this hotel in about 10 minutes. It’s a relatively quiet area, but there are some shops and restaurants around.
The hotel has recently been renovated, so everything is in good condition. The rooms are quite small, but that’s to be expected at these rates.
Given the rates here, this is a very good value. It’s very basic but sufficient for a few nights in Tokyo.
Agora Place Asakusa
2-2-9 Kotobuki, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0042
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 2 of Tawaramachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line.
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit A5 of Kuramae Station on the Toei Oedo line.
Near To Here:
Agora Place Asakusa is located in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)