Aichyun is a favourite with local Chinese residents for the soulful, homestyle dishes. Best visited in a group of 3 or more, to share dishes family-style.
Aichyun. - image © Florentyna Leow
Pronounced ‘eye-choon,’ this restaurant is a favourite with local Chinese residents for the tasty, soulful, homestyle dishes. The menu has a wide variety of dishes. Think beef stir-fried with peppers, crab omelette, braised beef, stir-fried vegetables (they recommend this, which says a lot about the emphasis on the fundamentals!) and lots of soup noodles. It’s the kind of restaurant best visited in a group of 3 or more. Order plenty of dishes to share family-style.
138 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0023
11:30am-2pm, 5pm-8pm. Closed Monday or the following Tuesday when Monday is a national holiday
Train: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Motomachi-Chukagai Station on the Minatomirai line.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Aichyun on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)