October 2022: Please note AIN SOPH ripple Kabukicho has now permanently closed. Please see our Shinjuku page for other dining options in the district. See all vegan and vegetarian restaurants we recommend on our Best Vegan and Vegetarian in Tokyo page and get the complete list for all cuisines on our Best Tokyo Restaurants page.
Vegan folks needn’t be left out when it comes to eating fast food classics. AIN SOPH. ripple Kabukicho in Shinjuku serves killer veggie burgers, vegan mac n’ cheese, and waffles to satisfy any sweet-toothed eater. You might even convert your fellow carnivores!
AIN SOPH - image © Florentyna Leow
Mention vegan food to someone and they might start thinking of salads, organic veggie bowls, and brown rice – in other words, food with a strong hippie vibe. We love food like that too, but sometimes you just need to scratch those cravings for hearty burgers and cheesy comfort food.
When those cravings strike, AIN SOPH. ripple Kabukicho in Shinjuku should be on your list of pit stops to consider. This small, casual vegan restaurant in the heart of Kabukicho is perfect for those days when you want vegan versions of Western – primarily American – dishes. You’ll know it’s not the Real McCoy, but they’re reasonably tasty versions of their animal counterparts. There are salad bowls, of course, but we’re here for their burgers and burritos. Vegans can rest easy without having to triple-check for animal products in their patties!
AIN SOPH - image © Florentyna Leow
While the burritos aren’t bad, we recommend the burgers over all else when you’re looking for a savoury option. The Cheese Ripple gets our vote for containing guacamole, and actually tasting like a cheeseburger – how on earth do they do it with vegan cheese? Their falafel burgers and crispy soy chicken burgers are pretty darn tasty. If you’re feeling extra, get the macaroni and cheese alongside!
Dessert is not an option at AIN SOPH. ripple Kabukicho – it’s a must. If you’ve never had a vegan tiramisu, you’re in for a treat. We also love waffles, rum raisin ice cream, and French toast containing vegan sour cream and maple syrup. No one will judge you if you have the French toast as your main meal; we thoroughly recommend it.
For more Tokyo vegan and vegetarian choices, see our Best Vegan and Vegetarian in Tokyo page.
AIN SOPH. ripple Kabukicho
アインソフ リプル 歌舞伎町店
2-46-8 Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0021
Sunday and national holidays: 11am-8:30pm
Train: 2-minute walk from the north exit of Seibu-Shinjuku Station on the Seibu Shinjuku line.
Subway: 7-minute walk from exit A1 of Higashi-shinjuku Station on the Toei Oedo line, and Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin line.
Official website (Japanese)
Read customer reviews of AIN SOPH. ripple Kabukicho on TripAdvisor.
Near To Here:
AIN SOPH. ripple Kabukicho is located in Tokyo's Shinjuku district. See our complete list of things to do in Shinjuku, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Restaurant Recommendations:
See all vegan and vegetarian restaurants we recommend on our Best Vegan and Vegetarian in Tokyo page and get the complete list for all cuisines on our Best Tokyo Restaurants page.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world