The Akihabara Washington Hotel is a competent business hotel just steps from Akihabara Station and the electronics district. It’s a very good value.
The hotel has a great location for exploring both Akihabara itself and the rest of Tokyo. You can walk to Akihabara Station in less than a minute and then you’re only a few stops from both Tokyo Station and Ueno (and all the rest of the stations on the all-important loop line). And in Akihabara there’s the famous electronics and pop culture district and tons of good, cheap places to eat.
The hotel itself is a standard, well-run business hotel with small but efficient rooms. There’s a simple on-site restaurant and it’s okay for breakfast. The rooms are comfortable enough. Staff is competent and tries hard to please.
But, most importantly: the rates. The rates are on the border of the budget and moderate category. So, considering the location and the rates, this hotel is a great value and it’s recommended!
Akihabara Washington Hotel
1-8-3 Kandasakuma-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0025
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 1-minute walk from the Central exit of Akihabara Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Near To Here:
Akihabara Washington Hotel is located in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world