The Akihabara Washington Hotel is a competent business hotel just steps from Akihabara Station and the electronics district. It’s a very good value.
The hotel has a great location for exploring both Akihabara itself and the rest of Tokyo. You can walk to Akihabara Station in less than a minute and then you’re only a few stops from both Tokyo Station and Ueno (and all the rest of the stations on the all-important loop line). And in Akihabara there’s the famous electronics and pop culture district and tons of good, cheap places to eat.
The hotel itself is a standard, well-run business hotel with small but efficient rooms. There’s a simple on-site restaurant and it’s okay for breakfast. The rooms are comfortable enough. Staff is competent and tries hard to please.
But, most importantly: the rates. The rates are on the border of the budget and moderate category. So, considering the location and the rates, this hotel is a great value and it’s recommended!
Akihabara Washington Hotel
1-8-3 Kandasakuma-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0025
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 1-minute walk from the Central exit of Akihabara Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads