The Asakusa Hotel Hatago is a ryokan-style hotel with very reasonable rates and a location within walking distance of the sights and station in Asakusa.
If you’re looking for a change from the usual Western-style hotels, then give this lovely little ryokan-style place a try. The rooms have tatami mats and a nice clean traditional Japanese design, but the beds are Western-style, which most people will find more comfortable. There are en suite bathrooms, as well, in all rooms.
There’s a very nice lounge on the top floor where you can eat breakfast (included with room rate) or relax at any time of day. There’s a great view of the Sumida-gawa River, the Asahi Flamme D’Or and the Tokyo Sky Tree.
It’s a bit south of the main Asakusa subway station, but you can walk there and to the sights in 10 or 15 minutes.
The staff here try very hard to please and are friendly and welcoming.
So, if you want a change from standard hotels and want to stay up in Asakusa, give this wonderful little place a try!
Asakusa Hotel Hatago
2-6-8 Komagata, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0043
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit A2 of Asakusa Station on the Toei Asakusa line, and Tokyo Metro Ginza line.
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit A7 of Kuramae Station on the Toei Oedo line.
Train: 8-minute walk from the main exit of Asakusa Station on the Tobu Skytree line.
Near To Here:
Asakusa Hotel Hatago is located in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world