The Asakusa View Hotel is a decent mid-range hotel in a tall building overlooking Asakusa. It’s not a luxury hotel, but the rooms are large.
This hotel is a step up from the business hotels that are common in Asakusa. It’s a bit of an old-school Japanese hotel and can’t compete with the true luxury hotels in the city. But, with prices that hover on the border between the moderate and expensive categories, it’s a pretty good deal.
The hotel has a pool (that you must pay for), and a restaurant and bar. Rooms are pretty large for Tokyo and those on the east side have great view over Asakusa and the Tokyo Sky Tree.
It’s a bit of a walk to the main Asakusa subway station, but it’s very close to the Tuskuba Express Asakusa stop, which will get you to Akihabara easily (okay, not the most convenient line, but you can change trains there for all parts of Tokyo).
So, if you’re looking for a decent hotel in Shitamachi (Asakusa and Ueno), then this hotel might suit.
Asakusa View Hotel
3-17-1 Nishi-asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-8765
Moderate to Expensive
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 2-minute walk from exit A2 of Asakusa Station on the Tsukuba Express line.
Subway: 7-minute walk from exit 3 of Tawaramachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line.
Near To Here:
Asakusa View Hotel is located in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads