If we’re in the Kannai area, we like Asian Bar RAMAI, specialising in soup curry – one of the most comforting and delciously healthy meals around.
Asian Bar RAMAI. - image © Florentyna Leow
Soup curry is a peculiarly Japanese invention – all the soul of hot meat broth, the fragrance of Indian curry, and a ton of vegetables thrown in. It’s one of the most comforting and delicious healthy meals around. If we’re in the Kannai area, we like Asian Bar RAMAI. Like most soup curry restaurants, you can customise your soup to your desired spice level, and add or subtract vegetables and other toppings. We highly recommend adding garlic oil, and extra toppings like pork and agedashi tofu. The latter, in particular, soaks up all the soup beautifully. You’ll also want to drink their soup down to the last drop.
Asian Bar RAMAI
7F Kiraku bldg., 1-6-5 Isezaki-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0045
〒231-0045 横浜市中区伊勢佐木町1-6-5 亀楽ビル7F
Train and subway: 6-minute walk from the north exit of Kannai Station on the JR Negishi line and Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue line.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Asian Bar RAMAI on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world