Few districts in Tokyo are better than Jimbocho and its environs for curry. And when it comes to soup curry in the area, Audrey is the joint to hit up. Their pork bone and vegetable bowl is like a hug for your stomach.
Audrey - image © Florentyna Leow
With its concentration of curry joints serving up spicy meals in all kinds of variations and styles, anyone visiting Jimbocho is spoiled for choice. If it’s a soup curry craving in the area, however, there’s just one place you should hit up – Audrey.
Yes, the restaurant is named after the legendary American actress of Roman Holiday fame. Of course, the few photos of her around the restaurant have no bearing or connection whatsoever with the food. It’s nevertheless amusing to speculate: would she have partaken of hearty bowls of spicy meat and vegetable soup? Would she have added cheese to her curry? The mind boggles.
Audrey - image © Florentyna Leow
But on to the food. Like other soup curry joints, each bowl can be customised to your liking. Choose your broth base – pork bone or chicken – spice levels, amount of rice, extra toppings, vegetables, and more. A slow-cooked chicken drumstick is the traditional choice, but we love the Audrey signature hamburger patty. The soft, tender beef comes a close second. Our only gripe is that the hard-boiled egg by definition has no gooey yolk, but that’s a bit of a moot point.
After 5:00pm, there’s the option of having bread alongside － just ask the staff. If you’re with friends at dinner time, you could also try the ‘cheese curry fondue’ for a hearty, over-the-top sharing option.
For more Tokyo soup curry choices, see our Best Soup Curry Rice in Tokyo page.
1-25 Kanda-jimbo-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0051
Closed Saturday, Sunday and national holidays
Subway: 3-minute walk from exit A7 of Jimbocho Station on the Toei Mita and Shinjuku lines, and Tokyo Metro Hanzomon line.
Train: 9-minute walk from the Ochanomizu-bashi exit of Ochanomizu Station on the JR Chuo and Sobu lines.
Read customer reviews of Audrey on TripAdvisor.
Near To Here:
Audrey is located in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Tokyo Restaurants Reservation Service:
You can reserve tables hassle-free at over 300 Tokyo restaurants with Voyagin's Tokyo Restaurant Reservation service.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)