The b Tokyo Akasaka is a small but efficient business hotel with clean rooms in Akasaka. It’s not the most convenient location but the rates are rock bottom!
If you want to stay in a decent room but are on a tight budget, you might give The B Akasaka a try. Akasaka is a little bit out of the way, but it’s a clean, safe and elegant neighborhood (this is where many embassies are located). Akasaka subway station is about 10 minutes’ walk away, so you’re not really far from anything here. The hotel is located at the top of a hill, so you will get sweaty coming here in the summer (unless you take a cab).
The rooms are small but neat and tidy. Note that there are no bathtubs, only showers (which is rare at Japanese business hotels). There’s a small restaurant on the ground floor where you can get simple meals.
The rates here are among the cheapest of any real hotel in the city (I mean, as opposed to capsule hotels and guesthouses). So, if you just need a clean place to sleep and price is your main criterion, you should consider The b Akasaka.
The b Tokyo Akasaka
7-6-13 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-0052
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit 3b of Akasaka Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda line.
Near To Here:
The b Tokyo Akasaka is located in Tokyo's Roppongi and Akasaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Roppongi and Akasaka, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads