The b Tokyo Ochanomizu is one of the cheapest business hotels in town and the location is relatively convenient.
Located in Ochanomizu, within easy walking distance of two subway stations, this hotel is a serious bargain. Sure, Ochanomizu is not the most exciting district in town, but the nearby subways grant you easy access to the rest of the city. And, you could actually walk from the hotel to Akihabara or even Tokyo Station if you felt like a bit of exercise. There are some decent restaurants and shops near the hotel, so the location is not bad at all.
The hotel is a very simple business hotel. Rooms are small, but that’s typical for business hotels in Tokyo. There’s a simple breakfast buffet. And there are coin washers, which is handy on long trips.
The real selling point here is the price. Rates are among the cheapest of any hotel in Tokyo. So, given the reasonably convenient location and the rock-bottom rates, it’s a good value.
The b Tokyo Ochanomizu
ザ・ビー 東京 お茶の水
1-7-5 Kandaawaji-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0063
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit A5 of Awajicho Station on the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line, and Ogawamachi Station on the Toei Shinjuku line.
Train: 6-minute walk from the Hijiri-bashi exit of Ochanomizu Station on the JR Chuo line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads