Referred to as 'Mirai', this quirky bar is run by a well-travelled chef who takes inspiration from his wandering. A fun place for a good night out.
Bar de Nankyoku Ryourinin Mirai. - image © Florentyna Leow
More simply referred to as ‘Mirai', this quirky bar is run by a chef who used to work on a luxury cruise liner, and who once joined an expedition to the South Pole as a chef. The menu takes inspiration from his wide-ranging travels, consisting largely of flavourful dishes to help the booze go down. Try his signature dry beef curry, or sample anything from black sesame tofu to Spam luncheon meat nigiri to shrimp fritters with sweet chilli sauce. A fun place for a good night out.
Bar de Nankyoku Ryourinin Mirai
BAR de 南極料理人 Mirai
B1 VALS Yoshidamachi Bldg., 2-7 Yoshida-machi, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0041
〒231-0041 横浜市中区吉田町2-7 VALS吉田町B1
Train and subway: 3-minute walk from the north exit of Kannai Station on the JR Negishi line and Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue line.
Official Website (Japanese)
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Restaurants Reservation Service:
You can reserve tables hassle-free at Yokohama restaurants with Voyagin's Yokohama Restaurant Reservation service.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)