Cafe Anarchy Mama is a small 10-seater cafe in the Iwasaki Museum. The soup lunch makes a decent meal and it's just right if you want a quick coffee break.
Cafe Anarchy Mama. - image © Florentyna Leow
Cafe Anarchy Mama is neither particularly anarchist nor maternal in its leanings, but presumably that doesn’t matter too much if all you need is tea and cake. This small 10-seater cafe in the Iwasaki Museum right next to Harbour View Park. If you happen to be in the area, the soup lunch set makes a decent meal between wandering on foot around the city. It’s also just right if you want a quick coffee break.
Cafe Anarchy Mama
254 Yamate-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0862
10:30am-5:00pm. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
Train: 6-minute walk from exit 5 of Motomachi-Chukagai Station on the Minatomirai line.
Official Website (Japanese)
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world