Cafe de lento is a cozy cafe in the Motomachi district. A lovely place to relax, you'll wish you could eat their lunches every day. A little pricey, though.
Cafe de lento. - image © Florentyna Leow
We love this cozy little cafe in the Motomachi district, and not just because it has dozens of adorable hanging lamps inside. It’s a lovely neighbourhood place to relax in, and their lunches are the sort of food you wish you could eat every day. Try the fresh and vibrant Niçoise salad, paired with a homemade muffin thickly slathered with honey and butter or rye bread with ham and cheese. (We saw many people buying muffins to take home!) Plus, the strawberry tart is a gorgeous little snack. The (minor) downside is it all comes to about JPY2000, which is perhaps a little pricey for a cafe lunch.
Cafe de lento
カフェ ド レント
5-213 Moto-machi, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0861
Train: 4-minute walk from the south exit of Ishikawacho Station on the JR Negishi line.
Official Website (Japanese)
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)