Asakusa Beer Kobo (formerly Campion Ale) in Asakusa is another great addition to Tokyo’s pub scene. Conveniently, it’s right next to a tasty okonomiyaki restaurant - so you can wash dinner down with a pint or two.
Asakusa Beer Kobo (formerly Campion Ale) - image © Florentyna Leow
Does Tokyo really need another British pub and brewery? You can never really have too many, and if Asakusa Beer Kobo in Asakusa is anything to go by, having more can only be a good thing. There are 15 brews available every day, with 5 of them being ales.
Rather conveniently, Asakusa Beer Kobo is located right next to okonomiyaki stalwart Sometaro. We’re not saying you should have a beer right after your Japanese pancakes. But you probably should.
If it’s British food you’re hankering for, though, you’re in luck. Asakusa Beer Kobo serves some truly excellent beef stews and steak pies - enough to quash your nostalgia and longing for the British homeland.
For more Tokyo craft beer choices, see our Best Tokyo Craft Beer Pubs page.
Asakusa Beer Kobo (formerly Campion Ale)
2-2-2 Nishiasakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0035
Saturday, Sunday and national holidays: noon-11:30pm
Closed Monday or the following Tuesday when Monday is a national holiday
Subway: 3-minute walk from exit 3 of Tawaramachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line.
Train: 5-minute walk from exit A2 of Asakusa Station on the Tsukuba Express line.
Official website (Japanese)
Near To Here:
Asakusa Beer Kobo (formerly Campion Ale) is located in Tokyo's Asakusa and Ryogoto district. See our complete list of things to do in Asakusa and Ryogoto, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world