February 2023: Please note Candeo Hotels Ueno-koen is temporarily closed. Please see our Ueno page for other recommended places to stay in the area and see our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes.
The Candeo Hotels Ueno-koen is a simple, reasonably priced business hotel near Uguisudani Station in Ueno.
Uguisudani is one stop north of Ueno Station on the JR Yamanote Line (Tokyo loop line). It’s very close to Ueno-koen Park, which is home to Tokyo’s museums and zoo. There are a few restaurants and shops nearby, but it’s a pretty quiet neighborhood and you’ll be riding the train to do most of your exploration.
The hotel itself is a standard Japanese business hotel, with small but acceptable rooms, a simple restaurant and helpful staff.
Rates are at the upper end of the budget bracket. All told, it’s a decent choice for those looking for a cheap hotel near Ueno Park.
Candeo Hotels Ueno-Park
1-2-13 Negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0003
Budget to Moderate
:: Check availability and pricing for the Candeo Hotels Ueno-koen on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from the south exit of Uguisudani Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Iriya Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya line.
Near To Here:
Candeo Hotels Ueno-Park is located in Tokyo's Ueno district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Ueno district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world