The Candeo Hotels Ueno-koen is a simple, reasonably priced business hotel near Uguisudani Station in Ueno.
Uguisudani is one stop north of Ueno Station on the JR Yamanote Line (Tokyo loop line). It’s very close to Ueno-koen Park, which is home to Tokyo’s museums and zoo. There are a few restaurants and shops nearby, but it’s a pretty quiet neighborhood and you’ll be riding the train to do most of your exploration.
The hotel itself is a standard Japanese business hotel, with small but acceptable rooms, a simple restaurant and helpful staff.
Rates are at the upper end of the budget bracket. All told, it’s a decent choice for those looking for a cheap hotel near Ueno Park.
Candeo Hotels Ueno-Park
1-2-13 Negishi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0003
Budget to Moderate
LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from the south exit of Uguisudani Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Iriya Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads