If you want to try the Japanese capsule hotel experience, this male-only place in Shinjuku is your best bet in Tokyo. It’s less than five minutes’ walk to Shinjuku Station and clean and convenient.
Located just steps from Shinjuku Station in West Shinjuku, this capsule hotel gets the award for the accommodation with the longest name, and also for the best capsule hotel in Tokyo. Unfortunately, it’s male-only, so female travelers will have to look elsewhere.
The capsule hotel is clean, well run and has everything you need. The staff generally speak some English and are helpful. The common bath (more like a sento) is great.
The only drawbacks are that the ventilation could be better and, as with all capsule hotels, people come and go all night, so light sleepers might be woken up from time to time.
But, if you want a real “only in Japan” experience and you’re a guy, this is probably your best bet in Tokyo. Try it for a night, if only for the story you can tell back home.
Capsule Hotel Anshin Oyado Premier Tokyo Shinjuku Station
4-2-10 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0022
Train: 2-minute walk from the south-east exit of Shinjuku Station.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads