If you’re really looking to save some money or just want to try a capsule hotel, this place is nicer than most and it’s right next to Shimbashi Station, which is convenient.
With one of the longest and most awkward names of any accommodation in Tokyo, this slightly upscale capsule hotel is a great choice. Unfortunately for women, this place is men only (there are capsule hotels that accept women in other parts of Tokyo).
The capsule hotel is steps from Shimbashi, which is only two stops south of Tokyo Station, so it’s a very convenient location. The area is popular for after-work entertainment, so it’s packed with restaurants and bars.
They offer regular capsules, deluxe capsules and very small private rooms. The best part is the large “sento” (common bath) and bathing area, which includes a nice steam room.
Given that you can stay here for around US$50 a night, this is one of the cheapest decent places you can stay in Tokyo.
Capsule Hotel Anshin Oyado Tokyo Shinbashi
3-21-6 Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0004
Train: 1-minute walk from the Karasumori exit of Shimbashi Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Near To Here:
Capsule Hotel Anshin Oyado Tokyo Shinbashi is located in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads