The Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is an apartment-style hotel on the east side of Shinjuku that offers decent rooms and reasonable rates.
The Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is located about 15 minutes’ walk from Shinjuku Station, out on the east side of Shinjuku. It’s not the most convenient location, and the rates reflect this – it’s cheaper than hotels offering similar size rooms closer to the station. The walk to the station can take you through Kabukicho, which is Shinjuku’s red light district, but you can avoid this by taking the main street to the station.
Citadines bills itself as an apartment-style hotel and the rooms include a small kitchen and utensils. This is sufficient to make very simple meals, but you’ll still want to do most of your eating out.
All in all, if you don’t mind a slightly inconvenient location, the Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is a pretty decent choice if you are looking to do a bit of self-catering.
Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo
1-28-13 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0022
:: Check availability and pricing for Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 5-minute walk from exit 2 of Shinjuku-gyoemmae Station on the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi line.
Subway: 7-minute walk from exit C7 of Shinjuku-sanchome Station on the Toei Shinjuku line, and Tokyo Metro Marunouchi and Fukutoshin lines.
Near To Here:
Citadines Shinjuku Tokyo is located in Tokyo's Shinjuku district. See our complete list of things to do in Shinjuku, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world