Located on the man-made island of Odaiba in Tokyo Bay, DiverCity is one of the best shopping/dining/entertainment complexes in all of Tokyo. If you’re coming to Odaiba, don’t miss it!
DiverCity with Gundam Statue: cowardlion / Shutterstock.com
Most people know DiverCity because of the huge Gundam statue outside the south side of the complex. Sure, it’s a great spot for a selfie or three, but it’s only the beginning of the fun here. There are several floors of shops that cover most of the major Japanese brands and many international ones. Then, there’s the awesome food court/restaurant floor and all the attractions like the VR museum and the play park for kids. There’s even a bouldering wall for sportier kids.
If you’re coming all the way down to Odaiba, this should definitely be on your itinerary.
DiverCity Tokyo Plaza
1-1-10 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo, 135-0064
Shopping Services: 10am-9pm (varies by shop)
Food Court: 10am-10pm (varies by shop)
Restaurants: 11am-11pm (varies by shop)
Train: 3 min walk from exit B of Tokyo Teleport Station on the Rinkai line.
Train: 5 min walk from the south exit of Daiba Station on the Yurikamome line.
Official Website (English)
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world