The Dormy Inn Akihabara is a very economical hotel with a nice sento (public bath) and a relatively convenient Akihabara location.
Located at the north end of Akihabara (the electronics district), about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the convenient Akihabara Station, this budget hotel is a simple business hotel with some interesting additional features.
The large bath and sauna in the sento is a great way to relax after a day of sightseeing (and, of course, each room also has its own en suite bath). They also serve free ramen in the evenings, which is a nice touch. And, the coin-operated washing machines are useful for those on long trips.
The rooms are compact but they have everything you need. The whole hotel is starting to show its age. But, considering the nice extras at this hotel and the super economical rates, it’s a very competitive choice in this price bracket.
Dormy Inn Akihabara
4-12-5 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0021
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 3 of Suehirocho Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line.
Train: 5-minute walk from the Akihabara Electric Town exit of Akihabara Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Near To Here:
Dormy Inn Akihabara is located in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Akihabara, Kanda and Jimbocho district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads