The Dormy Inn Express Asakusa is an efficient and reasonably priced small business hotel very close to Asakusa Station and all the sights.
Overlooking the Sumida-gawa River and the Sky Tree etc, and within very easy walk of Asakusa subway station and the Tobu Asakusa Station (for Nikko), this hotel commands a super convenient location.
Otherwise, it’s a pretty standard business hotel, with typically small but efficient rooms. What sets it apart is the breakfast, the free ramen in the evenings, and the rooftop common bath, or sento (don’t worry, all rooms have en suite bathrooms as well).
Rates are very reasonable here. Thus, considering the great location and price, this is a good choice in the budget to moderate bracket in Asakusa.
Dormy Inn Express Asakusa
1-3-4 Hanakawado, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0033
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 2-minute walk from the north exit of Asakusa Station on the Tobu Skytree line.
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit 5 of Asakusa Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line, and Toei Asakusa line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads