The Dormy Inn Express Meguro Aodaiba is a decent mid-range business hotel on the western edge of Shibuya.
You can sometimes save some money by staying in a slightly inconvenient location and this hotel is a good example of that. It is located a long walk away from central Shibuya, and a 10- or 15-minute walk from Naka-Meguro Station.
It’s a pretty typical business hotel in a mostly residential neighborhood, with plenty of shops and restaurants about.
It’s probably only worth staying here if you can’t find anywhere else or if you get a really good deal online. Otherwise, you’d do better to find a hotel in a more convenient location.
Dormy Inn Express Meguro Aobadai
3-21-8 Aobadai, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 153-0042
Train: 8-minute walk from the east exit of Ikejiri-ohashi Station on the Tokyu Den-en-toshi line.
Subway: 10-minute walk from the main exit of Naka-meguro Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya line, and Tokyu Toyoko line.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads