The Dormy Inn Express Meguro Aodaiba is a decent mid-range business hotel on the western edge of Shibuya.
You can sometimes save some money by staying in a slightly inconvenient location and this hotel is a good example of that. It is located a long walk away from central Shibuya, and a 10- or 15-minute walk from Naka-Meguro Station.
It’s a pretty typical business hotel in a mostly residential neighborhood, with plenty of shops and restaurants about.
It’s probably only worth staying here if you can’t find anywhere else or if you get a really good deal online. Otherwise, you’d do better to find a hotel in a more convenient location.
Dormy Inn Express Meguro Aobadai
3-21-8 Aobadai, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 153-0042
Train: 8-minute walk from the east exit of Ikejiri-ohashi Station on the Tokyu Den-en-toshi line.
Subway: 10-minute walk from the main exit of Naka-meguro Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya line, and Tokyu Toyoko line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads