Roughly midway between Harajuku and Shibuya, the Dormy Inn Premier Shibuya Jingumae is a decent tourist-friendly business hotel with moderate rates.
This iteration of the popular Dormy Inn chain is a decent choice if you want to explore both Harajuku and Shibuya. It’s not the most convenient location, but you can walk into the heart of either district from the hotel pretty easily.
The rooms are typical for business hotels: small but with everything you need. Breakfast is included and that is convenient in Japan. In addition to en suite bathrooms, there’s a decent sento (public bath) on the premises.
Rates are firmly in the moderate (mid-budget range), making it a decent but not great value, considering the location.
Dormy Inn Premium Shibuya Jingumae
6-24-4 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0001
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 6-minute walk from exit 7 of Meiji-jingumae Station on the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin and Chiyoda lines.
Train: 9-minute walk from the Omote-sando exit of Harajuku Station on the JR Yamanote line.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads