Elena is a charming little cafe tucked away in a quiet part of the Yamate district, with lots of natural lighting and wooden floors. The food is good too.
Elena. - image © Florentyna Leow
Elena is a charming little cafe tucked away in a quiet part of the Yamate district. Lots of natural lighting and dark wooden floors make this an entirely pleasant place to while away a few hours. Luckily, the food is good too: quiche and sandwiches and spaghetti, but also tall parfaits layered with seasonal fruit and lashings of whipped cream. We also love the other homemade desserts, like orange upside-down cake, strawberry mousse, and lemon tart. Great for a break when you’re exploring Yokohama on foot.
24 Yamate-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0862
9am-8pm. Closed Wednesday and 1st Tuesday.
Train: 5-minute walk from the south exit of Ishikawacho Station on the JR Negishi line.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Elena on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world