Elysee Hikaru is a contemporary French restaurant with a dose of 1980s nouvelle cuisine. It’s not cheap and cheerful but is perfect for a romantic date.
Elysee Hikaru. - image © Florentyna Leow
Headed by Chef Hikaru Rokugawa, Elysee Hikaru is a contemporary French restaurant located a stone’s throw from the Yokohama Foreign General Cemetery. Take fresh local ingredients from the Miura peninsula, apply French cooking techniques, and add a dose of 1980s nouvelle cuisine plating methods, and you’ll have an idea of a meal at Elysee Hikaru. Yes, it’s not cheap and cheerful – it’s the kind of meal that begins with an amuse-bouche! Think dishes like roast wagyu beef with pumpkin and balsamic sauce, whole wheat bread spiked with soy sauce, or matcha mousse wrapped with melon. The kind of restaurant that’s perfect for a romantic date.
2F Colonel's Corner, 246 Yamate-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0862
〒231-0862 横浜市中区山手町246 カーネルスコーナー2F
11:30am-3pm, 5:30pm-10:30pm. Closed Wednesday.
Train: 6-minute walk from exit 5 of Motomachi-Chukagai Station on the Minatomirai line.
:: Read customer reviews of Elysee Hikaru on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)