The Galois Hotel Shinokubo is a fantastic-value business hotel just one stop up the Tokyo Loop Line (Yamanote Line) from the major hub of Shinjuku. It’s way more stylish that most hotels in this price range and it’s got some good triples and quads for families.
Galois Hotel Shinokubo
If you want a relatively convenient location and super reasonable prices, the Galois Hotel is a great choice. It’s in the Shinokubo neighborhood, which is on the north side of the bustling hub of Shinjuku. You could easily walk there, or jump on the Loop Line for one stop.
Galois Hotel Shinokubo
This stylish new business hotel (opened in 2020) welcomes families, with both quad rooms and triple rooms. The triples have a bunk bed over a full bed, so they’re good for three-person families, while the quads have two large full beds.
So, if you’re looking for value on the popular west side of Tokyo, this is a good choice.
Galois Hotel Shin-Okubo
2-4-9 Hyakunin-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-0073
Train: 2-minute walk from Shin-Okubo Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world