Located a 6-minute walk from Shimbashi Station, Ganesha is a cozy soup curry eatery that’s a firm favourite with local office workers. Join them for some of the area’s best soup curry!
Ganesha - image © Florentyna Leow
We love soup curry any time of the year, but it’s especially good when there’s a slight chill in the air and your soul just needs a little extra TLC. If you’re in Shimbashi, one of the best places in the area for this dish is Ganesha, an unassuming little curry shop that’s a firm favourite with local office workers.
Ganesha - image © Florentyna Leow
What can you have here? The classic chicken and vegetable soup curry, containing 15 kinds of herbs and 30 different spices, is a great place to start. You can also have combinations like lamb and vegetables, chicken and eggplant, or straight up vegetable curry.
Those who like a degree of control over their food can customise their soup curry in a number of ways. Pick your soup base – savoury chicken, or a gently tart yoghurt and tomato – and then your proteins. Add some extra toppings, like mushrooms, natto (fermented beans), or cheese. Switch up the flavour profile with the different spice blends – ‘special masala,’ ‘Ganesha’s heart,’ and ‘black masala’ are just some of your choices.
While Ganesha does have regular opening hours, in practice they close when they run out of soup. Though their offerings won’t surprise anyone already familiar with soup curry, their dishes are a great example of the genre. This is a great place for lunch if you’re in the Shimbashi area.
For more Tokyo soup curry choices, see our Best Soup Curry Rice in Tokyo page.
B1 Komeisha bldg., 5-12-2 Shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0004
〒105-0004 東京都港区新橋5-12-2 鴻盟社ビルB1
Monday and Tuesday: 11:30am-3pm, 5:30pm-8:45pm
Wednesday-Friday: 11:30am-3pm, 5:30pm-9:30pm
Closed Sunday and national holidays
Train: 5-minute walk from the Karasumori exit of Shimbashi Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Subway: 6-minute walk from exit 8 of Shiodome Station on the Toei Oedo line, and Yurikamome line.
Official website (Facebook in Japanese)
Read customer reviews of Ganesha on TripAdvisor.
Near To Here:
Ganesha is located in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Shimbashi, Shiodome, Hamamatsucho and Shinagawa district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Tokyo Restaurants Reservation Service:
You can reserve tables hassle-free at over 300 Tokyo restaurants with Voyagin's Tokyo Restaurant Reservation service.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)