For fun, live gigs and rip-roaring comedy shows in Tokyo, look no further than Harajuku Crocodile in Shibuya.
Harajuku Crocodile - image © Florentyna Leow
Crocodile is a fun and funky dive, with live gigs held daily. They don’t discriminate much when it comes to the genres, and live acts run the gamut: country, jazz-fusion, soul, rock n’ roll, blues - you name it, they’ve played it at some point.
The last Friday of every month is your chance to check out Tokyo’s finest English-language comedy and improv. Run by Tokyo Comedy Store (www.tokyocomedy.com), the cover charge is JPY1500, which is not bad at all for two or three hours of entertainment. It’s a favorite with local expats, so we suggest booking your tickets in advance.
Crocodile is a favorite with young Japanese people. So, if you ever want to mingle with local Japanese youth without the eardrum-shattering noise of a nightclub, definitely pay a visit. Just don’t bother with the food at Crocodile. It’s not great, and there are vastly better options out in Shibuya.
B1 New Sekiguchi bldg., 6-18-8 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-0001
〒150-0001 東京都渋谷区神宮前6-18-8 ニュー関口ビルB1
Varies by event
Train: 3-minute walk from the west exit of Shibuya Station.
Near To Here:
Harajuku Crocodile is located in Tokyo's Shibuya district. See our complete list of things to do in Shibuya, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world