On the west side of the Imperial Palace, the Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon is a good business hotel that offers extremely reasonable rates and small but clean rooms.
If you don’t mind staying away from the action of the big centers like Shinjuku or Roppongi, then you can save some serious money by staying in Hanzomon, which is a clean and quiet area on the west side of the Imperial Palace. The Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon is a good Japanese business hotel, with small but efficient rooms. Some rooms offer nice views over the Imperial Palace.
The hotel is about 5 minutes’ walk from Hanzomon Station on the Hanzomon subway line, which gives easy access to places like Shibuya and Nihombashi. Thus, if you don’t mind hopping on the subway every day to start your exploration of Tokyo, then this hotel is a good choice. Indeed, with rates that sometimes enter the budget range, it’s one of the better hotel values in Tokyo.
Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon
1-1 Hayabusa-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0092
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit 1 of Hanzomon Station on the Tokyo Metro Hanzomon line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Grand Arc Hanzomon is located in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads