The Hotel Grand Palace is a mid-range hotel on the north side of the Imperial Palace. It’s a decent mid-range hotel in a quiet neighborhood.
Located in Iidabashi, within walking distance of the Imperial Palace, Yasukuni-jinja Shrine and Tokyo Dome (great for baseball fans), this old-school hotel is a reasonable value. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful but you’re just a short walk from Kudanshita subway station, which offers easy access to all parts of the city.
The hotel is starting to show its age and is probably only a good choice for those who want easy access to the nearby universities or the aforementioned Tokyo Dome.
Hotel Grand Palace
1-1-1 Iidabashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0072
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 7 of Kudanshita Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai and Hanzomon lines, and Toei Shinjuku line.
Train: 7-minute walk from the east exit of Iidabashi Station on the JR Chuo-Sobu line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads