October 2022: Please note Hotel Grand Palace Tokyo has now permanently closed. Please see our Tokyo Imperial Palace page for other places to stay in the district.
The Hotel Grand Palace is a mid-range hotel on the north side of the Imperial Palace. It’s a decent mid-range hotel in a quiet neighborhood.
Located in Iidabashi, within walking distance of the Imperial Palace, Yasukuni-jinja Shrine and Tokyo Dome (great for baseball fans), this old-school hotel is a reasonable value. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful but you’re just a short walk from Kudanshita subway station, which offers easy access to all parts of the city.
The hotel is starting to show its age and is probably only a good choice for those who want easy access to the nearby universities or the aforementioned Tokyo Dome.
Hotel Grand Palace
1-1-1 Iidabashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0072
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 7 of Kudanshita Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai and Hanzomon lines, and Toei Shinjuku line.
Train: 7-minute walk from the east exit of Iidabashi Station on the JR Chuo-Sobu line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Grand Palace is located in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world