The Hotel Grand Palace is a mid-range hotel on the north side of the Imperial Palace. It’s a decent mid-range hotel in a quiet neighborhood.
Located in Iidabashi, within walking distance of the Imperial Palace, Yasukuni-jinja Shrine and Tokyo Dome (great for baseball fans), this old-school hotel is a reasonable value. The neighborhood is quiet and peaceful but you’re just a short walk from Kudanshita subway station, which offers easy access to all parts of the city.
The hotel is starting to show its age and is probably only a good choice for those who want easy access to the nearby universities or the aforementioned Tokyo Dome.
Hotel Grand Palace
1-1-1 Iidabashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0072
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 7 of Kudanshita Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai and Hanzomon lines, and Toei Shinjuku line.
Train: 7-minute walk from the east exit of Iidabashi Station on the JR Chuo-Sobu line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Grand Palace is located in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads