The Hotel Graphy Nezu is an interesting place that might be described as a boutique hostel. It’s near the Ueno Zoo.
If you’re looking for a change of pace, you might consider the Hotel Graphy Nezu. It’s a stylish and sociable upscale guesthouse/hotel on the west side of Ueno Park. It’s not the most convenient location, but it’s not too bad. Of course, it’s great for exploring nearby Ueno Park, but it’s a bit of a hike to train stations etc.
There’s a shared kitchen and lounge area where you can meet other travelers. The staff is fun and knowledgeable. Some rooms have private bathrooms, but most do not, meaning that you must use the common bathrooms.
The positive side of this place is the social aspect of meeting other travelers and the friendly staff. However, before you book, you should be sure that this is what you’re after. Keep in mind that there are budget hotels in Ueno and other parts of Tokyo that offer normal private hotel rooms with en suite bathrooms for similar or even lower rates.
Hotel Graphy Nezu
4-5-10 Ikenohata, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0008
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 3-minute walk from exit 2 of Nezu Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads