This fine ryokan-style hotel is just steps from Senso-ji Temple in Asakusa’s sightseeing district. It’s under renovation until 2019.
When this great little ryokan-style hotel reopens sometime in 2019, we expect that it will be one of the most convenient and reasonably priced places to stay in Asakusa. We’ll try to update this page as soon as it reopens. It's in a great location very near to Tokyo's oldest temple, Senso-ji.
Meanwhile, you can also check on Booking.com to see if it’s open and find out about their new rates.
1-18-2 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0032
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 1 of Asakusa Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line, and Toei Asakusa line.
Train: 2-minute walk from the main exit of Asakusa Station on the Tobu Skytree line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Kaminarimon is located in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world