The Hotel Keihan Asakusa is a solid moderate range hotel with reasonable prices, comfortable rooms and a good location in Asakusa.
If you’re looking for a good hotel at a moderate rate in Asakusa, this hotel is a good choice. It’s located beside the tourist district in Asakusa and about 10 minutes walk from the main Asakusa subway station. So, the location is good.
The hotel is a step up from some of the budget business hotels in Asakusa. Rooms are small but not too small. They’re well laid out with everything you need and they’re in good condition.
The restaurant is a good for breakfast, serving both Western- and Japanese-style brekkie.
The rates here are usually in the moderate range but sometimes dip into the budget range. Thus, considering the quality, the location and the price, this is one of the better deals in Asakusa. It’s recommended.
Hotel Keihan Asakusa
2-12-4 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0032
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 2-minute walk from exit A1 of Asakusa Station on the Tsukuba Express line.
Subway: 7-minute walk from exit 3 of Tawaramachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Keihan Asakusa is located in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads