The Hotel Mid in Meguro Ekimae is a simple and very reasonably priced business hotel that is close to Meguro Station.
If you’re just looking for a simple business hotel with reasonable rates that is close to a convenient train station, then this hotel is a pretty good choice. Meguro is an interesting and convenient neighborhood that is mostly residential and local. It’s a sought-after neighborhood for Tokyo’s hip, design-oriented young things. There are plenty of great restaurants, shops and cafes nearby. And, for breakfast, there’s a Starbucks right below the hotel. And, Meguro Station, which is steps away, is on the all-important JR Yamanote Line (the Tokyo loop line).
The hotel is a non-descript business hotel with small but efficient rooms and a reasonably competent staff.
The rates hover on the border of the budget and moderate categories. So, considering the location and the rates, it’s a very good choice in this price range.
Hotel Mid In Meguro Ekimae
1-2-19 Shimomeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 153-0064
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from the west exit of Meguro Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads