The Hotel Mid in Meguro Ekimae is a simple and very reasonably priced business hotel that is close to Meguro Station.
If you’re just looking for a simple business hotel with reasonable rates that is close to a convenient train station, then this hotel is a pretty good choice. Meguro is an interesting and convenient neighborhood that is mostly residential and local. It’s a sought-after neighborhood for Tokyo’s hip, design-oriented young things. There are plenty of great restaurants, shops and cafes nearby. And, for breakfast, there’s a Starbucks right below the hotel. And, Meguro Station, which is steps away, is on the all-important JR Yamanote Line (the Tokyo loop line).
The hotel is a non-descript business hotel with small but efficient rooms and a reasonably competent staff.
The rates hover on the border of the budget and moderate categories. So, considering the location and the rates, it’s a very good choice in this price range.
Hotel Mid In Meguro Ekimae
1-2-19 Shimomeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo, 153-0064
Budget to Moderate
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 3-minute walk from the west exit of Meguro Station on the JR Yamanote line.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads