The Hotel Monterey Ginza is a standard business hotel in a very central Ginza location. The main selling point here is the price, which is reasonable.
If you want to stay in Ginza but have a limited budget, the Monterey Ginza is a good choice. It’s a standard business hotel with decent, efficient rooms. It’s pretty unremarkable and the whole place is getting a little long in the tooth, but the rates hover on the border of the budget and moderate categories, making it a good value considering the super-convenient location. So if price and location are your main criteria, give the Monterey a go.
Hotel Monterey Ginza
2-10-2 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 11 of Ginza-itchome Station on the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho line.
Subway: 4-minute walk from exit A13 of Ginza Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza, Hibiya and Marunouchi lines.
Train: 6-minute walk from the Kyobashi exit of Yurakucho Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads