Located in Hanzomon, over on the west side of the Imperial Palace, the Hotel Monterey Hanzomon is a smart little business hotel that offers incredible value to travelers who don’t mind being away from the big centers.
If you don’t mind getting on the subway each morning to do your exploring (and, let’s face it, most travelers have to do this anyway), then the Hotel Monterey Hanzomon can save you big bucks. It’s very close to Hanzomon Station on the Hanzomon subway line, which will whisk you to Shibuya very quickly. The neighborhood around the hotel is quiet and clean (it’s home to several embassies).
The rooms are exactly what you expect from a Japanese business hotel: small but adequate and equipped with everything you need.
Thus, if you want a clean room at a reasonable price and don’t mind being a little away from the action, then the Monterey Hanzomon is a GREAT deal. Give it a try!
Hotel Monterey Hanzomon
23-1 Ichiban-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0082
:: Check availability and pricing for Hotel Monterey Hanzomon on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 5 of Hanzomon Station on the Tokyo Metro Hanzomon line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Monterey Hanzomon is located in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Imperial Palace district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world