With a convenient West Shinjuku location, the Hotel Mystays Nishi Shinjuku is a decent moderately priced hotel within walking distance of the station.
The Mystays chain is a good-value hotel chain. This one in Nishi (West) Shinjuku is not their newest or best branch. The location is excellent and you can walk to Shinjuku Station in about five minutes. There are tons of great restaurants nearby, as well as shops and convenience stores.
The rooms are okay, but both the rooms and common areas are getting a little long in the tooth. However, if you can get a good deal online, it’s a decent choice.
It’s likely that the hotel will be renovated in the near future. Once it is, it will be a very strong contender in the West Shinjuku market.
Hotel Mystays Nishi Shinjuku
7-14-14 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0023
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit D5 of Shinjuku-nishiguchi Station on the Toei Oedo line.
Train: 5-minute walk from the west exit of Shinjuku Station.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads