October 2022: Please note Hotel Mystays Nishi Shinjuku has now permanently closed. Please see our Shinjuku page for other places to stay in the district.
With a convenient West Shinjuku location, the Hotel Mystays Nishi Shinjuku is a decent moderately priced hotel within walking distance of the station.
The Mystays chain is a good-value hotel chain. This one in Nishi (West) Shinjuku is not their newest or best branch. The location is excellent and you can walk to Shinjuku Station in about five minutes. There are tons of great restaurants nearby, as well as shops and convenience stores.
The rooms are okay, but both the rooms and common areas are getting a little long in the tooth. However, if you can get a good deal online, it’s a decent choice.
It’s likely that the hotel will be renovated in the near future. Once it is, it will be a very strong contender in the West Shinjuku market.
Hotel Mystays Nishi Shinjuku
7-14-14 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0023
:: Check availability and pricing for the Hotel Mystays Nishi Shinjuku on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit D5 of Shinjuku-nishiguchi Station on the Toei Oedo line.
Train: 5-minute walk from the west exit of Shinjuku Station.
Near To Here:
Hotel Mystays Nishi Shinjuku is located in Tokyo's Shinjuku district. See our complete list of things to do in Shinjuku, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world