If you’re looking for a classic “grand dame” hotel in Tokyo, consider the New Otani. It’s not the newest hotel in Tokyo, but it’s an elegant and polished operation with some great views from the rooms and a lovely garden.
Hotel New Otani Tokyo © Booking.com
The hotel is divided into the main building and the tower. We like the tower rooms for the great views they offer over the city. The garden is great for a stroll and fans of the show “Fuller House” will definitely recognize the waterfall.
The location in Akasaka is not the most convenient in the city, but it’s peaceful and relaxed and you’re within walking distance of several subway stations and a taxi will get you to the other urban hubs very easily.
Hotel New Otani Tokyo
4-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-8578
Moderate to Expensive
:: Check availability and pricing for Hotel New Otani Tokyo on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi or LAN cable access
Subway: Directly connected to Mitsukoshimae Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza and Hanzomon lines.
Train: 7 min walk from the south exit of Kanda Station on the JR Yamanote Line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world