October 2022: Please note Hotel Park Side has now permanently closed. Please see our Ueno page for other places to stay in this district.
The Hotel Park Side Ueno is a decent business hotel with budget to moderate rates in a convenient location in Ueno.
If you don’t mind being based up in Ueno, this hotel is a decent economical choice. It’s located next to Shinobazu Pond, within easy walking distance of both JR Ueno Station and Keisei Ueno Station (for easy access to Narita). It’s also very close to Ueno Park and all the museums.
The hotel is a slightly old-school Japanese business hotel. Rooms are spacious for this class, as are bathrooms. The one downside is that decades of smokers have left a cigarette smell throughout much of the hotel and sensitive noses will pick this up even in non-smoking rooms.
The hotel seems due for a renovation and we expect that it will come soon. Once it’s renovated, it will likely be a very nice place to stay.
Hotel Park Side
2-11-18 Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0005
:: Check availability and pricing for the Hotel Park Side on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 2 of Yushima Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda line.
Train: 5-minute walk from the north exit of Okachimachi Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Near To Here:
Hotel Park Side is located in Tokyo's Ueno district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Ueno district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world