The Hotel Park Side Ueno is a decent business hotel with budget to moderate rates in a convenient location in Ueno.
If you don’t mind being based up in Ueno, this hotel is a decent economical choice. It’s located next to Shinobazu Pond, within easy walking distance of both JR Ueno Station and Keisei Ueno Station (for easy access to Narita). It’s also very close to Ueno Park and all the museums.
The hotel is a slightly old-school Japanese business hotel. Rooms are spacious for this class, as are bathrooms. The one downside is that decades of smokers have left a cigarette smell throughout much of the hotel and sensitive noses will pick this up even in non-smoking rooms.
The hotel seems due for a renovation and we expect that it will come soon. Once it’s renovated, it will likely be a very nice place to stay.
Hotel Park Side
2-11-18 Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0005
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 1-minute walk from exit 2 of Yushima Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda line.
Train: 5-minute walk from the north exit of Okachimachi Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads