The Hotel Sunlight Shinjuku is a good business hotel in East Shinjuku that offers some of the lowest hotel rates in Shinjuku.
Yes, it’s a bit of a hike to/from Shinjuku Station all the way out in East Shinjuku (about 10 or 15 minutes’ walk to Shinjuku Station) but it’s very close to two subway stations: Higashi Shinjuku and Shinjuku Sanchome. Thus, it’s not particularly inconvenient and there are hundreds of good restaurants and bars nearby.
The Hotel Sunlite Shinjuku is a standard business hotel that is divided into two parts. The main building has recently been renovated and it’s very nice: rooms are small but clean and efficient. The annex has not been renovated yet and it’s a little long in the tooth. If I were you, I’d suggest requesting a room in the main building (and perhaps not stay there if they won’t give it to you).
With rates that place the hotel in the budget category, this is one of the cheapest proper hotels (as opposed to capsule hotels) in Shinjuku. It’s a great deal for someone looking for a good, cheap hotel in bustling Shinjuku.
Hotel Sunlite Shinjuku
5-15-8 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-0022
:: Check availability and pricing for the Hotel Sunlite Shinjuku on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: 2-minute walk from exit E1 of Shinjuku-sanchome Station on the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin and Marunouchi lines, and Toei Shinjuku line.
Train: 15-minute walk from Shinjuku Station, east exit
Near To Here:
Hotel Sunlite Shinjuku is located in Tokyo's Shinjuku district. See our complete list of things to do in Shinjuku, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world